SRI LANKA COLLEGE OF PAEDIATRICIANS
25TH ANNUAL SCIENTIFIC CONGRESS 2023
13th to 16th May 2023 - Hotel Galadari Colombo
Instructions to Authors on Submission of Abstracts
Deadline 10th March 2023
Applicants would be notified regards the decision on the 2nd week of April 2023
- Abstracts for the 24th Annual Scientific Sessions of the Sri Lanka College of Paediatricians (SLCP) should conform to the following requirements and specifications.
- At least one author should be a member of the SLCP. However, submissions by foreign nationals, who are not eligible to be members, will also be considered. In the latter case, selection will depend on the quality of the work done and the abstract submitted. In the face of overriding scientific merit of extremely important research work, the Scientific Committee may waive these stipulations.
- Presenting author’s name should be underlined.
- The top of the abstract should specify whether the submission is for Oral Presentation, Poster Presentation or to be considered for either.
- At least the presenting author MUST register for the Annual Congress within two weeks of being informed of the acceptance of the paper by the College. If this is not complied with, the paper will NOT be included in the publication, “Proceedings of the Sri Lanka College of Paediatricians Annual Scientific Congress” and the paper will be removed from the Scientific Programme without any further notification.
- Local authors: THREE HARD COPIES of the abstract must be submitted by local authors along with a soft copy (Microsoft WORD document and NOT in any other file format) via email, addressed to email@example.com
These submissions should consist of one (01) hard copy with names and affiliations and two (02) hard copies without names and affiliations.
A separate cover letter with the current address, telephone contact details and the currently operative e-mail address of the Presenting Author should accompany the abstract submission.
If sent by post, kindly indicate on the envelope the category of presentation as either ORAL or POSTER or either ORAL and POSTER.
Overseas authors: Overseas submissions can also be made via e-mail as a Microsoft WORD document attachment and NOT in any other file format, addressed to the Hony. Secretary at firstname.lastname@example.org
- All abstracts should reach the Hony. Secretary, SLCP on or before 4 pm, 10th March 2023. THERE WILL BE NO EXTENSIONS OF THIS DEADLINE.
- Case presentations will not be accepted for oral presentations. However, case presentations MAY be accepted for display as posters.
- All abstracts will be reviewed anonymously by the referees and selection decisions made on universally accepted criteria. The corresponding author will be notified of the result via e-mail by the 2nd week of April.
- The title of the abstract should be brief but adequately descriptive.
- The abstract should be typed double-spaced on A4 paper with margins of 30mm right round with the font Times New Roman size 12 or font ARIAL size 12.
- The body of the text of the abstract SHOULD NOT be more than 300 words. This is a mandatory requirement.
It should be structured into the following sub-headings
- Introduction or Background
- Design, Setting and Method (including statistical methods where relevant)
There should be no tables or references in the submitted manuscript.
ALL SUBJECTS IN THESE RESEARCH ENDEAVOURS SHOULD BE LESS THAN 18 YEARS, which is the international cut-off age for children.
- The author/s must be able to take full intellectual responsibility for the work and the paper. Ethical Clearance should have been obtained in all appropriate situations. All experimental studies, interventional studies and clinical trials should have been registered with a recognized CLINICAL TRIALS REGISTRY. Details of Ethical Clearance and Clinical Trials Registration should be mentioned in the body of the abstract.
- If the work has been previously presented or published, in whole or in part, this should be stated in the abstract when submitting the paper. The policy of the Scientific Committee of The Sri Lanka College of Paediatricians is that no paper should be presented at two National Meetings or at two International Meetings. The authors are allowed to present a given paper at one National Meeting and one International Meeting. However, the final decision about acceptance rests entirely with the Scientific Committee. In exceptional circumstances, particularly with respect to the importance of the findings, this stipulation could be waived off by the Scientific Committee.
- Acknowledgements in the abstracts should be confined to citing donor agencies and previous presentations/publications.
- The SLCP Editors reserve the right to make alterations, edit text and modify the title to improve the presentation, following acceptance.
- ABSTRACTS NOT CONFORMING TO THE ABOVE SPECIFICATIONS AND INSTRUCTIONS WILL NOT BE ENTERTAINED AND WOULD BE REJECTED. IT SHOULD BE NOTED THAT ONCE ACCEPTED AND SELECTED, NO REVISIONS OR ALTERATIONS, INCLUDING INSERTION AND DELETION OF THE NAMES OF AUTHORS, WOULD BE PERMITTED.
- Once selected and accepted, the abstracts will be published in the Programme Book titled “Proceedings of the Sri Lanka College of Paediatricians Annual Scientific Congress”