The Paediatric Intensive Care Chapter or PICC is an affiliated body of the Sri Lanka College of Paediatricians. The inaugural meeting of the PICC was held at the college premises on 24 th May 2019 from 9.30 am Onwards under the patronage of Dr. R.Ajanthan ( President of SLCP).
Objectives of the PICC are as follows.
- To advance the knowledge, study and practice of the science of Paediatric Intensive Care among members of the medical profession
- To facilitate, conduct and supervise research and audits pertaining to Paediatric Intensive Care
- To advocate safe and quality practice of Paediatric Intensive Care by developing policies, and guidelines and by conducting educational programmes
- To function as an advisory body pertaining to all aspects of Paediatric Intensive Care, including but not restricted to, training, practice, institutional development, procurement of equipment and medicines, related to Paediatric Intensive Care.
- To collaborate with other organizations, both local and international, for the betterment of Paediatric Intensive Care.
- It is open to all Board-Certified Paediatricians and Paediatric subspecialists and to Senior Rregistrars in Paediatrics and its subspecialties who are members of the Sri Lanka College of Paediatricians and registered with the Sri Lanka Medical Council (SLMC).
- Medical Officers who are registered with SLMC but are not eligible for life membership will be granted associated membership following subject to PICC Council approval. Council approval should be unanimous.
- Associate Members cannot become Office Bearers and they do not have voting rights
- Fee for Life Membership is Rs. 3000.00 and Associate Membership is Rs.2000.00 These are ‘once and for all’ payments.
Office bearers of the Inaugural Council
- President : Dr.Nalin Kitulwatte.
- Vice –President : Dr M.A.M. Fizal
- Secretary : Dr. Deshan Adhihetty
- Assistant Secretary : Dr. Lakshitha Samaranayaka
- Treasurer : Dr. U.G. S. Deshapriya
- Editor : Dr. Manjula Hewageegana
Councill Members :
Dr. Duminda Samarasinghe, Dr. Sanjaya Abeygunasekara, Dr. Kanchana Singappuli, Dr. Pradeep Gamage, Dr. S. Krishnapradeep, Dr. Rukmal Gunathilaka, Dr.Navoda Atapattu, Dr. Saman Kumara, Dr.Channa de Silva, Dr Micheal Janz and Dr. Randula Ranawaka